Tuesday 9 August 2011

Good times!

LA is growing on me, apart from the fact you have to constantly tip everyone, even if the service is not up to scratch, I'm enjoying myself! Rehearsals have been great fun and it's fantastic to work with dancers of this calibre, it makes you pull up too!!
I'm really happy how the routine has turned out, because leaving us in charge of our own choreography like they do at choreography camp at the beginning of each series, it could of been a disaster.. But they bought into my concept and we pitched together to create, we may even walk away with an Emmy :)
I am going to be in the live audience tomorrow night (Wed) for the 1st part of the finale, then my performance is on Thursday and I am very excited.. I don't believe there is a way to watch it live in the UK but I will post it as soon as it becomes available online..
Meeting up with Mandy Moore tonight to start some prep for Strictly but I'm back at CBS for wardrobe fitting this morning.. Yesterday after morning rehearsal and lunchtime pool we met Tristan again and hiked up Runyan Canyon to witness the stunning views over LA, I sat for 15 minutes and just let it soak in what I am actually doing! How my life has changed! and how lucky I am to be out here working with some of the best dancers in the world! Happy!
Heard about the crazy stuff going on back home in London and hope everyone is ok.. The pictures look like Gaza not Clapham.. Let's hope it ends soon..
Anyway, stay safe...
Matt

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I live in the US and never saw you 'til last night's finale - Bravo! Most boards are saying the tap number was the best one of both nights of the Finale! Best of luck on the SCD gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, the tap number was the absolute highlight of the finale for me! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete