Thursday 4 August 2011

What time is it?

So after being made to do a tap dance by the lady at the Virgin Atlantic check in desk, spending 11 hours sat next to a rather large Mexican women who snored like Santa and being rinsed at LAX customs for two hours on why I wanted to 'do a dance on the tele' I made it to Los Angeles, California!
This is my 2nd visit, 8 years ago I spent about 6 weeks here touring with Matthew Bourne. I forgot how bloody helpful everyone is, is it for real? Why can't people in London be like this?
I got picked up from my flat in London in a Nissan and at LAX airport it was a Lexus! Really? There is definitely something different going on out here, I spent the car ride to the hotel trying to work it out.. No conclusion.. I'll make it the aim of this trip to work it out..
I woke today at 4.30am LA time (damn jet-lag) and started thinking about my performance next week. I'm quite anxious, purely because of the nature of the show, music doesn't get cleared till quite late on, so you have to wait to find out what your allowed to do. Then it has to go on to the editors etc.. I still don't know if I'm allowed my song choice, so its hard tying to choreograph!
Dom arrives today from New York, she is having meetings and castings and I'm excited for the things that are going to happen for her!!
I'm heading out soon to explore the area and eat some pancakes, bacon and syrup!
Peace out, A town!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Matt, Good Luck, you will knock Hollywood Sideways with your talent! Have fun, enjoy, and good luck to Dom too! Thinking of you lotsalove x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is going well for you Matt.

    ReplyDelete