Saturday 6 August 2011

Exciting times!

Spent the day in Santa Monica yesterday, picked myself up a rather sun burnt neck, I have such Yorkshire skin.. Tried to relax on the beach, but couldn't because I had the uncertainty of what I'd be doing hanging over me! Got back to the hotel to discover another email from production.. Their plans had changed again for my finale performance! Now I'm to meet up with 2 of this seasons tappers to create a 'dynamic trio' and its to be a collaboration with Nick and Jess.
It is 10.44am on Saturday 6th and I'm at the studios at 2pm, at least I will feel that it has started! Then I expect the next 96 hours to be a roller coaster of changes that I need to grip on tight to....
If you don't have a car in LA it can be very frustrating, took a walk into central Hollywood on Thursday, underestimated the journey and I returned back at my hotel 5 hours later looking like I should use a higher factor sun block.. Everywhere you look your reminded of elements of the movie industry.. I kept imagining Jack Bauer running across Melrose Avenue or Vincent Chase hanging at the grove. In fact Hollywood could do with a good clean and a bit of an update :)
Met up with a friend of mine, Tristan, who is a Ballroom dancer on Dancing With The Stars. We hit a couple of bars but couldn't get into some because I forgot my ID! I'm 29 for gods sake! Good to see him though!
Got some exciting news as well! A couple of weeks ago Mandy Moore asked me if I would be assistant choreographer for her at the BBC working on Strictly Come Dancing :) It's all been confirmed and we jump into rehearsals for 3 production numbers the day after I get back to the UK! Happy days!!
Might as well learn from the best...
I will check in again after my first session in the studio..
Good night England!

2 comments:

  1. Weeheeey Matt! Exciting times! Enjoy and Congratulations on the Strictly Gig With Mandy M! How Fabulous! Lotsalove xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strictly news is awesome! And maybe one day you could be one of the professionals on it!

    ReplyDelete